Saturday, October 9, 2010

Out and About on another Beautiful Saturday Morning

When we first moved to the Clinton Hill/Fort Greene area of Brooklyn in 2003, it was very quiet (except for the emergency vehicles and poorly muffled motorcycles).  Even on weekends, I could walk for blocks and only see 3 or 4 people.  Then the Farmers' Market and Brooklyn Flea arrived, and the throngs, and fun, followed.

Great trio at the farmers' market.




Someone wanted to get a move on...

This handsome fella turned and gave me this perfect pose.


About 4 feet tall.

Love these tin (?) animals.  They had some new ones this week.
These are about a foot long. 
This picture reminded me of a few of my favorite 
bloggers that have households with cats and dogs.
Popular re-created and treated tin ceiling panels.   
I thought these were hand-drawn, but they are photos
on slate.   Would make a beautiful series on a small wall.
Old typewriters have become "hip".   I'm proud to admit I started
on a manual - the one my mother used to type up all my father's graduate
school papers.  I tried one of these, and I can't believe how far and hard
the keys have to be pressed.  

However, these are well before my time.
Pendants, rings and cuff links made out of old 
typewriter keys.  
Artie - I still have that set to send you!


I ended with a treat - a chocolate egg cream.  They said the pretzel stick 
makes it authentic.  Reminds me of the new trend to put gourmet salts
on chocolate.

3 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

wow, mom really wants to visit that place when she gets back to NJ. Very cool stuff.
Benny & Lily

Kate on Clinton said...

You guys can come too - they just starting allowing dogs in the Flea this year.

rachel said...

How interesting, and just on your doorstep too! I learned on a manual like those, but never did master the brute strength to press the 'a' and the semi-colon with my little finger!