Saturday, October 23, 2010

Odd Sights In and Out

This monster sandwich greeted everyone at the Brooklyn Flea this morning - some advertising for an online food specialty something or other.  Now, I can understand little kids thinking it was real, but more than a few big folk had to ask.  Talk about squeaky meats*.




Lola is loving her patch of grass.  
She has made it clear she does not want it cut.  
If this was outdoors, we'd be "THAT" neighbor  - 
the bane that causes all the crab grass and dandelions in the area.  


















NEXT WEEK:  the spectacular Great PUPkin - an annual dog costume contest in Fort Greene Park, and then the amazing Halloween extravaganza down the block (they close the street) - this year's theme: Vampire Opera.  Overall, a photographer's delight!

*Squeaky meats is a nearly registered trademark phrase that my husband came up with for all the hipster doofuses in the neighborhood.


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

That is one big sandwich. Hysterical Lola...nice lawn
Snuggles and Snorts,
Benny & Lily

rachel said...

That Lola - sweet, and rather touching. But I'll bet that if you grew a larger patch, she wouldn't be interested!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea to grow a big pot of grass for your indoor kitties (I've just read the 'back story'). These photos of Lola enjoying the grass (and evidently lots of sunshine too!) are hilarious and beautiful. Thanks for posting them... I was in need of a kitty fix today ^-^

diane said...

Kate, that sandwich is so funny. And what a great foto op.

Kate on Clinton said...

Thanks all! Rachel, I think you are correct - a bigger pot of grass (we were thinking of a window box) would probably not be as enticing. There is something about a space being just a little too small that proves irresistible to the wards.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Lola is a lucky cat to not only ahve such a good view but also a patch of soft turf to sit on!

Your holiday plans sound like fun! I will be distributing candy to the hundreds (no kidding) of trick or treator's thta will come to my house;s door on Sunday.

Pam said...

Thanks for popping over to Edinburgh! Goodness, your photos are very different from mine. I have never thought about people actually living in New York - that's what people do in films... I was only in NY once, in 1970 for a day visit aged 20, and I was very scared - expected men with guns round every corner!!! Now I think I maybe have to revise my thoughts - it all looks lovely.


But very different from our little city of 500,000 inhabitants.

Pam said...

Oh, and I meant to say: yes, I think the Wee Shop is just used for its window, to advertise, these days. I don't think the modern shop employee would be very keen on squeezing into a space that size.